Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team tactics - domination

+2
Linksys72
kimsession
6 posters

Go down

Team tactics - domination Empty Team tactics - domination

Post by kimsession Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi all,

Up till now I've always been playing with randoms/ 1 or 2 friends (and we often join in progress to play against each other anyways). But playing with a team had me thinking what you should actually do to win at domination.

In my opinion:
1) Majority of team should head straight for B in the maps that have it in the middle (most of them) since the team that takes B first generally does well..
2) Holding onto 2 points seems much more effective than 3, since you can spawn trap the other team to an extent and once you get the third you'll flip the spawns and they'll often get 2 points back.
3) The C end of highrise seems much better than the A end, only map I'd try to flip the spawns if we were stuck at A. So often you see teams spawn trapped in that building but not so much at the C end.

I'm also guessing you have a certain amount of people (maybe all?) using UAVs and someone to shoot down any support.
Anyways I'm interested what other people think of these and what I'm missing?

kimsession

Back to top Go down

Team tactics - domination Empty Re: Team tactics - domination

Post by Linksys72 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Those are good points and thats pretty much what we were doing last, night. Especially on the one map (forgot what it is called), the one with the bridges. We rushed B while one person took C and basically held B and C the whole time and hardly bothered with A which worked out for us.
Linksys72
Linksys72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I agree 1000% on these tactics for Domination. This is the game type I play 90% of the time but I think it would be cool to see other members tackling other tactics for other game types.

Last edited by Pronk32 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Linksys72 : Believe that underpass was the map..

.... But yeah thats pretty much the goal of Domination.. a team pretty much only needs to hold 2 flags the entire match to win.. Only capture 3 if absolutly necessary. I think when you take all 3 the spawn sometimes flips or the other team starts to spawn randomly. In my opinion which 2 flags depends on the map for ex. Wasteland you should want to cap A and B or C and B cause they are closer together. But usually a CB combo or AB combo is the best, except maybe Terminal which AC may be better!!

Those are a couple of my thoughts anyway!!
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by aostlemike Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

since playing with you guys i find myself in other matches "when you guys arent on" Sad helping my team win using these.spawn traping is the way to go, adds to your points and kills. its good news
aostlemike
aostlemike

Back to top Go down

Post by Linksys72 Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 pm

No, now that I think about it the map was rundown. Its very important to rush B on that map becasue it is so hard to capture B due to the lack of cover.
Linksys72
Linksys72

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I think these are all pretty much on point. You only need two flags to win. I've always been a big fan of one person on the closest flag and everyone else rush the second flag you want to capture. While it's not impossible... it's very hard to capture all three flags and control the spawn of the other team. Nine times out of ten if you capture all three, the other team will spawn behind or to the side of you and usually take two flags from you. So for the sake of everyones K/D take two, camp one. Haha.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:11 pm

yah it kind of makes me mad when you specifically say don't take c let em have it, and some kid takes c...
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimsession Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Pronk32 wrote:I agree 1000% on these tactics for Domination. This is the game type I play 90% of the time but I think it would be cool to see other members tackling other tactics for other game types.
I'm the same, mainly play domination/ground war would be interested to see what people think of the others.

What do people reckon works best on team deathmatch - sticking together or all doing your own thing. I reckon everyone doing what they like and maybe communicating where the majority of the other team probably works better than moving together?

kimsession

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 pm

To be honest with you on TDM I think the best strategy is getting the lead and once you do so find a place where the other team has to come to you. I don't like traveling as a pack, because we've all been caught in those quadruple kills by some random semtex or thumper from across the map, but if you lock down one position as a team I've found it works. Sure most people would call this camping, but in my opinion if you're stupid enough to come back to the same spot four times to repay someone, you deserve to die four times.

You have to be smart about where you post up though. Once you get two kills, three kills tops... move to another location where you can see where you were just at. You'd be surprised how many people I've watched come running in and pre-fire around a corner only to find that I'm not there and then get shot in the back from my new location. It's not always about playing better... more so playing smarter.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 pm

I believe on terminal that a and c are the best to cap if you start on the end where they are easily accessible. but if you start on the other end A is easier to rush and cap and of course B is optimal since you are starting right near it. I believe that B is an easier point to hold on to. There are only 2 places the enemy can come from and that is the plane and down the escalators. They could come from the bookstore but most take the side routes. When you have B you and another teammate can hold the plane down with claymores amnd keep one guy inside the plane the other on the outside near the cargo crates that way they wont be taken out at once by an assholes tube. enemies raely take to the outdoor portions of the map. They like to stick it to the inside of the terminal so keeping an eye on a few key points is really easy. once you have B and A locked down all opposition is coming from C and with limited route options so picking them off becomes cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I agree with Kurupt's take on TDM. You really want to have the other team come to u to get kills that way they play into your game and you can control the engagements somewhat. Im not exceptional at TDM by any means but I find it easier to patrol a portion of the map instead of running around in it, cause then u play into the campers game on the other team.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by aostlemike Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah finding a central holding point in TDM is the way to go and yes if they are dumb enough to keep coming back for more than they deserve it. Their is always a way to take that central poing away though. You just got to hope that they dont figure it out before you hit the magic 7500 points. Headquarters, once you cap it have two sit in it and everyone else watching the entrences leading to the HQ. Its simple and seems to work a lot.
aostlemike
aostlemike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down