Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

search tactics

5 posters

Go down

search tactics Empty search tactics

Post by fat guy47 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 pm

i play search and destroy frequently and sometimes i rush sometimes i dont what are some good tatctics that i should use for playing search and destroy???

fat guy47

Back to top Go down

search tactics Empty Re: search tactics

Post by KuruptKorean Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

When I play Search I tend to look for the most indirect route to the objective. When I'm planting I try not to stay with the "pack" and when defending you always have to think as if you're on offense. What paths you can take, what options they may or may not have.

Don't plant too fast when on offense. Let your team try and kill off a few of the other guys first. Remember, you don't have to blow the bomb up to win... you can win by surviving too.

If you're one of the last two left, don't rush around trying to find the other team. Take it slow, don't panic and most importantly listen. So many people that play Search run around aimlessly looking for thier opponent a lot of times you can find the other players just from listening.

My prefered class in Search is as follows... and I've had many games where I've gotten more than 8 kills and a handful of double digit kills in games with this.

Whatever weapon you choose w/Heartbeat Sensor and silencer
Perk 1: Bling Pro
Perk 2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk 3: Ninja Pro

Killstreak 1: UAV
Killstreak 2: Counter UAV
Killstreak 3: Predator Missle
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Linksys72 Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm

i usally dont change around my kill streaks for diffrent types of games but what kurupkorean does with his is definitly some thing i am going to start doing. Using heart beat is also an important perk for when you are attacking and defending for obvious reasons.
Linksys72
Linksys72

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

yah the harrier and choppers we usally use i never use on search. silncer and heartbeat is very important. and yah just take it calm, you dont really need to run around camping is ok. and maybe surround a bomb site with c4s. dosnt work as much as it does in domination or headquarters b/c by the time u know the bombs planted they are running away from the site. search is slowly turing into may favorite game style.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Okay guys. I really think that we should have one simple rule when playing Search and Destroy...

Always...
Use...
Ninja...

I really, really hate beeing spotted by an enemy with Heartbeat just becouse my teammate didn't have Ninja on.

So what do you say? Please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Linksys72 Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:11 pm

ninja does help alot, most of the time when an enemy has a heartbeat they think that just because there isnt an oranje dot on thier radar, nobody will be around the corner.
Linksys72
Linksys72

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 pm

ninja pro - stops heartbeat sensors and people with surround sound hearing your footsteps (and hence knowing where you are)

another commonly used trick (at least it was on cod4 - havent really played snd much on mw2 but i imagine it still works) is "fake defusing"; tapping defuse on a planted bomb so that the noise of defusing comes up, then dropping it instantly to see if anyone comes out to check

basically the main thing in search and destroy is to outsmart the opposition

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 am

xMyrddraaLx wrote:ninja pro - stops heartbeat sensors and people with surround sound hearing your footsteps (and hence knowing where you are)

another commonly used trick (at least it was on cod4 - havent really played snd much on mw2 but i imagine it still works) is "fake defusing"; tapping defuse on a planted bomb so that the noise of defusing comes up, then dropping it instantly to see if anyone comes out to check

basically the main thing in search and destroy is to outsmart the opposition
I thought about doing a fake defuse like that, hope it works. Really helps when alone against someone else in their team...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down