Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Leaders?

+3
xMyrddraaLx
Odin ArisE
Quickbor
7 posters

Go down

Game Leaders? Empty Game Leaders?

Post by Quickbor Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 am

How about we create something like Game Leaders no clue what the actual name is but this is what it is:

Someone that leads our team during Domination, S&D etc.
He can sort the classes so that we have the best strategy to win, we call out killstreaks we have and he tells us when to use them f.e.

This position will be needed to fill-in with a Team player that uses his mic and doesn't care & knows the games that we will be playing accordinly.

Quickbor

http://www.vi2ualsmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Game Leaders? Empty Re: Game Leaders?

Post by Odin ArisE Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am

I think Kurupt would fall into this role when we are playing with him. I dont think its a bad idea though, like if were tryin to take back a B flag or something and one of the teams got a Harrier strike. If they called it out they could be directed drop it on that flag to give us cover to recap. Same could go for a Chopper Gunner maybe.

I personally have been tryin to cap, recap flags alot lately instead of being a more defensive player and just tryin to be a general pain in the ass for the other team. Ive been runnin lower killstreaks like UAV, Counter UAV, and Pred. Missile...

But we could have a couple Rushers, a few Assault Rifle classes and a few LMG or Sniper guys to..
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am

LMGs are definitely a nono in proper games! and snipers!
AR/SMGs only!

it seems like a good idea this, however i dont think having different "leaders" for each gametype would work in reality - complicates things more than necessary

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 pm

LMG's have there place as a support weapon on certain maps.. Most clans do run at least one skilled sniper in there game modes, even in S&D..

* And it wouldnt be leaders for every gametype just the same one or two for every gametype. Knowing you got a Harrier or a Chopper gunner to occupy the other team is good to know in objective games. Its good to have a gameplan and be able to adjust on the fly.

Anything of this nature would go through Kurupt who pretty much fills this role when we all play together.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickbor Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Well no offense towards Kurupt but the leader type needs to be more aggresive if you want to come far. As goes for recruitment but then again if this is supposed to be a "fun" clan or a "competitive" clan the rules are different all the same.

But you definitly need one game leader and let the players shout out who has what etc. This works.

Quickbor

http://www.vi2ualsmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:37 pm

i dont know if this would work that great unless you played with the same team alot. then you know the capabilities, streghts and weaknesses of each player. yah pub matches playing randoms would work, but once playing other clans you need to know what each person can add to your team.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

If what you're trying to say is you think there should be a leader for every game type... and don't take any offense to this, but it simply won't work. Having a different "leader" for each game type will simply cause too much confusion. I personally think that right now with what we have going on anyone and everyone can take that leadership role. All you have to do is speak up. If you have some strategy towards whatever game we're playing, just speak up into the mic. I think for general XBL play it's a bit much to say we need a definitive "leader" to tell us what to do. Everyone of you knows how to play this game and play to win. Trust me, I notice when some of you are sitting back for kills and kill streaks. I also notice who is making a constant effort to capture objectives and try to win or support that effort. That initiative is what will make our competitive team good. If you look at any good competitive gamebattles clan, they all know their specific job, know where to go and execute. They don't need people constantly shouting orders to them.

Now on the other hand when we get into competitive clan battles yes, we will run two squads and both will have a definitive leader. We will run an A squad, B squad and have a few reserves. Now myself, Siilencer, Kimsession and TIM3TOD1E will be selecting who makes up those squads. When choosing these players, K/D will not get you in alone. Players will be selected on what they do the best. It's also going to depend on how vocal you are, how much of a team player you are ect. Also members applying for the competitive team will have to go four on four or three on three with one of us leaders of the clan. Now once the two squads are selected, those players and those players alone will vote on who the captain/leader will be.

The process of selecting these teams will be starting the 1st of March. There will be a new thread added and a completely new application added for people interested in Gamebattles. A and B squad will run weekly scrims and I will try to set up bi-weekly scrims with other clans. Hopefully we will have both our squads together and ready to enter a ladder on GB by the end of March/ early April. I know a lot of you guys are excited about this and want to get into it now.. but I don't want to rush into this. I want to go in playing as good as I know we are.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kimsession Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Good to see the plans for the squads, and agree on the everyone knowing their roles and being able to contribute to tactics. I do sometimes think that we could be a bit more agressive towards objectives on the whole.

A few weeks ago quite a few of us (no idea who now!) were in a domination game on invasion against another clan with a few randoms on either side. The other clan were incredibly aggressive and kept us back at A for quite a while at the start of the game. I've got a feeling we might have come back to win it, but I did admire their playstyle, at the start of that game we were getting beat bad, just from their all out agression..

kimsession

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

hey i think we shouldnt get a specific player but just know our roles to play. maybe get a couple clan scrims and practices just to see who is good at what so that we know what to do when we get into games with other clans. that way if we each have a role and know what we are going to do when we get into games i think it would help alot.
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down