Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA.

4 posters

Go down

Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA. Empty Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA.

Post by Odin ArisE Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Just came across this on Joystiq.com. I thought this is mighty interesting keep in mind these were the minds behind MW and what better way to get back at the company that scorned you than to come out with a game that MW2 was supposed to be. EPIC! I look forward to see what they have in store for us as gamers!

"We learned on Friday that ousted Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella planned to have an announcement "very soon" concerning their "creative future" – and now, at 9am ET the following Monday, they've issued a press release announcing Respawn Entertainment, a new development studio that will give West and Zampella ownership of the games they create. "We have learned the hard way," Zampella told the LA Times, "that the best way to ensure the integrity and quality of your work and make sure the fans get what they deserve is to own the intellectual property."

But West and Zampella aren't going it alone; the pair have teamed up with (who else?) Electronic Arts through its EA Partners business. EA Games Label prez Frank Gibeau said, "This is the start of a great publishing partnership -- one that I expect will develop blockbuster game franchises ... At EA, we're honored to be their partners and to give them the support they need to hire a team and return to making incredible games." In addition to handling future publishing duties, EA is funding the new developer "with several million dollars in seed capital," LA Times reports. That's unusual for a developer that's retaining the intellectual property rights to its games. "What makes Vince and Jason's deal so ground-breaking is that EA is investing in them as individuals, not as part of a larger, established company," the pair's agent (and former Xbox pitchman) Seamus Blackley told the Times.

Of course, neither West nor Zampella would comment on what Respawn will be working on or what genre it might land in (military shooter, anyone?), but West did say it would be of the "huge, summer blockbuster" variety. Did you expect anything less?" - from Joystiq.com
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA. Empty Re: Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA.

Post by KuruptKorean Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 am

God I hope they come up with something epic to replace Call Of Duty...
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA. Empty Re: Respawn Entertainment Announced by fomer IW heads, partnering with EA.

Post by J Money Dc10 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 pm

i think that they will make games just like cod but they will make them for the fans not the money. i have no doubt they will be great games and i look forward to playing them.
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm

J Money Dc10 wrote:i think that they will make games just like cod but they will make them for the fans not the money. i have no doubt they will be great games and i look forward to playing them.

Heres to hoping!!
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Odin ArisE wrote:
J Money Dc10 wrote:i think that they will make games just like cod but they will make them for the fans not the money. i have no doubt they will be great games and i look forward to playing them.

Heres to hoping!!

yup heres to hoping
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by aostlemike Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Cant wait to see what they bring us "the fans"!!!!
aostlemike
aostlemike

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

aostlemike wrote:Cant wait to see what they bring us "the fans"!!!!

Can only hope it will be sweet awesomeness!!!
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum