Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stepin up to Turtle Beach

+4
Odin ArisE
Kau Warrior
KuruptKorean
TIM3TOD1E
8 posters

Go down

Stepin up to Turtle Beach Empty Stepin up to Turtle Beach

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:08 am

So tomorrow im meeting some to buy turtle beaches not the x41 but the x31. im getting em for a pretty good deal that i cant pass up. what he wants adds up to 55-60 bucks. so im pretty exited for them.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Stepin up to Turtle Beach Empty Re: Stepin up to Turtle Beach

Post by KuruptKorean Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Once you use them you'll wonder how you played all this time without them. They're amazing. I have the x41's and it's crazy how you can hear people move around you. Nothing like hearing a guy run up behind you though and quickly flipping around and killing them. Ha.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kau Warrior Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Turtle beachs are awesome I love mine, I bought the wired ones for 40 dollars at wal-mart. Korrupt I know I've been gone a few weeks but how'd ya become BuckNasty!! LOL I'll have my xbox's back in 2 weeks tops hopefully. Peace Kau
Kau Warrior
Kau Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah I have the X31's aswell and they are sweet. Dont know how I ever played w/o headphones. I recently migrated over to the Tritton AX720's and those are super sick!. If I ever got money burning a hole in my pocket I may check out the AX720 Pro's or the Astro's. Let the soundwhoring begin!
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by II Macloud II Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 pm

I would LOVE to be able to use turtlebeaches. I SO want to.

My home life doesn't really give me that option though, because i need to be able to hear around me. =(

II Macloud II

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:53 pm

yah i didnt know i couldnt run hdmi untill i got em. but i heard if you take off the plastic casing on the video cord the hdmi cable fits., i gotta mess with it.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:14 pm

TIM3TOD1E wrote:yah i didnt know i couldnt run hdmi untill i got em. but i heard if you take off the plastic casing on the video cord the hdmi cable fits., i gotta mess with it.

There's an adapter you can get that lets you use the HDMI and still plug up the fiber optic cable. Next time you see Chicken ODB on ask him about it because that's what he had to do.. or I guess I could just call him. Next time I talk to him I'll ask about it for you.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:15 pm

siilencer wrote:Yeah I have the X31's aswell and they are sweet. Dont know how I ever played w/o headphones. I recently migrated over to the Tritton AX720's and those are super sick!. If I ever got money burning a hole in my pocket I may check out the AX720 Pro's or the Astro's. Let the soundwhoring begin!

Yeah I have a pair of AX720's that I use with my PS3 but I've never hooked them up to my Xbox. Do you think the sound is better with the Beaches or the Trittons? I may have to switch it up. Ha ha.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

x BuckNasty29 x wrote:
siilencer wrote:Yeah I have the X31's aswell and they are sweet. Dont know how I ever played w/o headphones. I recently migrated over to the Tritton AX720's and those are super sick!. If I ever got money burning a hole in my pocket I may check out the AX720 Pro's or the Astro's. Let the soundwhoring begin!

Yeah I have a pair of AX720's that I use with my PS3 but I've never hooked them up to my Xbox. Do you think the sound is better with the Beaches or the Trittons? I may have to switch it up. Ha ha.

As far as clarity wise I give the Trittons the edge because I can really identify where sounds like footsteps and shots are coming from. When the game got really loud like with air support I felt the sound melded together to much on the Turtle Beach's. Plus the Turtle Beach's use infrared to broadcast the sound which can get interfered with, whereas the Trittons got the optical cable. Dont get me wrong the TB's are a fantastic set of headphones but I prefer the Trittons I think they are clearer and more precise. IMO I would switch but its up to you.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:05 pm

siilencer wrote:
x BuckNasty29 x wrote:

As far as clarity wise I give the Trittons the edge because I can really identify where sounds like footsteps and shots are coming from. When the game got really loud like with air support I felt the sound melded together to much on the Turtle Beach's. Plus the Turtle Beach's use infrared to broadcast the sound which can get interfered with, whereas the Trittons got the optical cable. Dont get me wrong the TB's are a fantastic set of headphones but I prefer the Trittons I think they are clearer and more precise. IMO I would switch but its up to you.

yeah youll find the trittons > x31 but i dont know about the x41 since its easy to pick out where footsteps and shots etc are coming from on those (since x41 have multiple speakers in each earphone to the x31's 1 speaker in each)

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm

shit now i feal like i got the wrong ones thanks guys = )
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:28 pm

xMyrddraaLx wrote:
siilencer wrote:
x BuckNasty29 x wrote:

yeah youll find the trittons > x31 but i dont know about the x41 since its easy to pick out where footsteps and shots etc are coming from on those (since x41 have multiple speakers in each earphone to the x31's 1 speaker in each)

IMO I agree that AX720's > X31's... whereas AX702's would probably be < the X41's because the AX720's simulate Surround Sound unlike the X41's are pretty much true surround sound because of the multiple speakers per ear cup. If you wanted to weigh in on the X41's I think you would have to put them up against the Tritton AX720 Pro's and the Astro A30 I believe...or its the A40 I cant remember. Which I have yet to experiance those 3.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm

TIM3TOD1E wrote:shit now i feal like i got the wrong ones thanks guys = )

I apologize thats not what I was trying to imply by any means. I rocked the X31's for a while, back in COD4 and into MW2. The only reason I switched is because I had heard good things about the AX720's and decided to pick a pair up. I just prefer the Trittons.. Not saying there better just that I like them.... You will be happy with that pair of X31's I guarantee it, especially if you really havent gamed with headphones before! Enjoy.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 pm

no i am happy with em. they feel solid, look pretty cool and got a good price. But i still havnt used em so sound quality is still up kin the air.

But what is interfered by the infrared signal. like quality of connection!??! and i think they changed from infrared to rf? when they went from X3 to X31.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 pm

i imagine because infrared needs a direct line of sight to the reciever?

im sure you wont be disappointed with x31's anyway, the more expensive ones are going to be better but theyre still good Razz

edit: i found this

"In summary there are advantages and drawbacks to both types of wireless headphone technologies. The advantages of Radio Frequency (RF) Headphones center on its greater range (up to 150 feet in the open...less through walls),and ability to penetrate walls or furniture.

However as described above RF wireless headphones are more susceptible to interference issues then Infrared headphones. This is the main advantage of Infrared Wireless Technology. "

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:47 am

well tim3 if you were using the headset tonight then its workin for ya haha.. you got a couple pretty sick k:d's. Smile
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:55 am

J Money Dc10 wrote:well tim3 if you were using the headset tonight then its workin for ya haha.. you got a couple pretty sick k:d's. Smile

i wouldn't give alll the credit to the headset lol.

but im having a problem with the mic making crackling and popping in my end and for the people having to listen to me it echos. i fixed the echo problem by switching what side plugs into the controller and headset to backwards i believe. but im still having the annoying noises. do you think a new cable from headset to mic would fix this? or is it a problem in the female end on the headset (please be the cable!)
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

Back to top Go down

Post by kimsession Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:00 am

I've ordered the cheapest set of turtle beaches, XLC, since I really don't have that much cash to spare. Was using a standard set of sony headphones which did the trick as far as sound quality goes, but it meant I couldn't use them at the same time as a mic.

kimsession

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Well if its making a crackling popping sound its either the headset of the controller, I had the same problem and had to get a new controller, that was the problem. Also if your sitting really far away from the monitor for the turtle beach it'll do that. hope this helped aha.

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 pm

my X4 crackles sometimes but i cant remember what causes it tbh.. too close to the tv maybe? (my tv was really old and crappy Razz) or something else that causes interference?

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

so every time i want to sign into xbl i have to pull the cord connected to the xbox. if i dont it wont connect and it says my settings are not right on my router something about mtu number or something. obviously the RF signal interferes in developing the initial connection but haven't had a problem with interruptions besides that.
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum