Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees...

+5
kimsession
xMyrddraaLx
Odin ArisE
Linksys72
KuruptKorean
9 posters

Go down

Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees... Empty Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees...

Post by KuruptKorean Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 pm

I recently read an article and have seen in several sources that state that by the next Modern Warfare installment, maybe even by Vietnam, that Activision will begin charging a small monthly subscription fee to play the on-line multi-player. Something along the lines of what games like Warcraft, Everquest and the Final Fantasy on-line games do. Supposedly this fee is supposed to be used to put up dedicated game servers, clan servers and techs that police the leaderboards and such to keep out all the glitching, hacking, stat boosters, and game drops.

What do you guys think about this? Would you pay the fee or move on to a different game?

I'm a little torn on this subject. Sure I wouldn't mind paying $5 a month for some true, fair gameplay the way it was intended but in retrospect, Activision has already grossed $1 billion dollars on the Modern Warfare title alone through January. That's more than some publishers make on several titles in one year let alone three months.

Do you think this is an honest attempt to fix the problem and make up for the "broken" product Modern Warfare 2 has become. Or just another way to line their pockets with a little more cash?

I at least hope in the future releases they at least put out a beta like they did on COD 4 and WAW. So many problems like the Javelin glitch, infinite care packages and ground war rust games could have avoided had they put out a beta on MW 2. Just curious what all of you thought about this.
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees... Empty Re: Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees...

Post by Linksys72 Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 pm

depends on how much it is but im sure they make enough money so that they wouldnt need to have an additional fee. I might if it actually helps the game quality but in most cases i'll probably just stick to cod mw2.
Linksys72
Linksys72

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees... Empty Re: Call Of Duty On-Line Subcription Fees...

Post by Odin ArisE Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Id probably try it out for a bit to see how good it would be and if I didnt think it was worth it then I would move onto something else.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by xMyrddraaLx Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:36 pm

doesnt surprise me - activision been queer recently.. firing IW head staff and not letting them make cod's any more too lmao

i wouldnt mind paying as long as it was a very small fee..

edit; forgot to add that a prerequisite was the game has to be good, i would have paid for cod4 and mw2 but not waw Razz i have little confidence in treyarchs vietnam cod

xMyrddraaLx

Back to top Go down

Post by kimsession Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 pm

How come EA can put up dedicated servers for your standard £40 game but activision needs a monthly fee?? I'd go for the pocket lining option..

kimsession

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:56 am

i might pay it. it would have to be $5 at the most. i think its really stupid to charge someone to buy a game and then also charge them to play it. it just bugs me so idk its a touchy subject. and its only to rake in more money. they are doing more then great with the sales of MW2 still and if they just dont rush it this time and have a decent beta than im sure everything will be ok or at least pretty decent.

so to wrap this up, if they charge i will just stick with MW2 for the time being. unless this other game is beyond amazing that is
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Kau Warrior Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

I already pay for xbox live, If I'm payin for playin COD why do we need xbox live? Perhaps I could stop payin live fee's and start payin cod fee's LOL I fear change!!! LOL j/k Seriously though, I don't think we should pay more, They should just write there games better and consider that even after release the game isn't done till everyone figures out the exploits and then they fix that. Kau
Kau Warrior
Kau Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

I think the ultimate answer is they need to be smarter next time and release a Beta and not figure that there game is perfect upon release! Im sure BFBC2 figured alot of shit out when they had their Beta up and going. Im gonna love it if Treyarch learns for IW's mistakes and puts out a phenominal product!
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by II Macloud II Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I would pay 5-10 dollars on top of gold account fees, however if/when their service becomes lax, or even if it isn't too good in the beginning, i'll cancel the payments and pay an older one.

If they use the money to FIX THE PROBLEMS, and the game is good, i won't have any issues with it.

II Macloud II

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:12 pm

no i wount pay the 5 bones. reason. games are 60 bucks im assuming most people do play online.

1,000,000,000/60= 16,666,666 Users

16,666,666x5= $83,333,333 PER MONTH

dones it really take 83 mill to keep a game glitch free?
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

TIM3TOD1E wrote:no i wount pay the 5 bones. reason. games are 60 bucks im assuming most people do play online.

Thats a good point. Thanks for noting that..... IW+Activision= money hungry POS...
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 am

TIM3TOD1E wrote:no i wount pay the 5 bones. reason. games are 60 bucks im assuming most people do play online.

very good point... makes me rethink my decision in even paying just the 5 bucks...
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down