Pressure The Hinges [PtH] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?"

5 posters

Go down

the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?" Empty the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?"

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

i know curiousity killed the cat, but i'm just wondering where the name came from? anyone willing to fill me in?

Back to top Go down

the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?" Empty Re: the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?"

Post by J Money Dc10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

I second this. i dont really know the history of the clan. i think it would be cool to know. like when it first started and why. and where the name came from.
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

http://myspace.com/ace1992

Back to top Go down

the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?" Empty Re: the length of the title needs to be at lest 10 characters long? wtf. i started with "name?"

Post by Odin ArisE Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Im curious as well?? Hopefully Kurupt will enlighten us! Question
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm

yea i hope so. i think kurupt is the only one in the clan that even knows haha.
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

Back to top Go down

Post by KuruptKorean Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Well where to start. This is actually the second time this clan has been active as Siilencer knows being as he was one of the original members. The first time really didn't go too well. Ha. Most of our members weren't very active on XBL or the forums so after thinking about it for a while I decided to disband the clan after about a month. That's why we're so strict about the activity rules here this time. You all know how much we've stressed that we want an active community and I think that's what's helped make this more of a success this time.

Anyway back to the topic.

I started this clan because just like most of you... I hated playing with random team mates. I hated losing virtually every game. I couldn't even win games of TDM because even though I'd post at least a 2:1 K/D the rest of my team would lose it. I used to run with a clan of about 12 on COD 4 and we used to always win. We all transferred to MW2 when it came out but very few of them could adjust to the different game play and decided to go back to COD 4 because they weren't that good at MW2. Actually I only still play with one member of that group (Chicken ODB if you've been in a room with us) but since everyone else bailed I figured I'd start my own clan on a whim and just see how everything fell into place and here we are.

As for the name of the clan. The name is actually a song and album title from one of my favorite bands Haste The Day. For those of you that don't know of them, I guess you would consider them a hardcore/post hardcore band. I didn't want to have one of the typical clan names following all the same concepts that were out there. I though Pressure The Hinges would fit a MW2 clan well. That's what being successful and winning on this game is all about. When you put enough pressure on hinges they break. That's what you want to do to the other team, that's what we do to other teams (90% of the time, ha ha)... you push them, you trap them and you put pressure on them until they break. So there's where the name came from. It just made sense. Ha.

I also want to thank everyone for helping make this thing a success so far. For all the suggestions, to all the co-leaders for taking the time to help out with the forums and the recruiting and everything you guys do. I do appreciate it. You guys are the ones that keep this clan going. Thanks again and I'll see you on XBL soon!
KuruptKorean
KuruptKorean
Admin

https://pressurethehinges.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J Money Dc10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Now that i know that, the name really does make sense for MW2! i do like how the rules are set to a high standard in a way with the activity. i as well used to be in a clan that had a whole bunch of members but only about 15 were actually active on a regular basis. thats one of the reasons i like this clan so much. and it also has a great group of players which helps alot. but its good to know the history, thanks kurupt.
J Money Dc10
J Money Dc10

Back to top Go down

Post by II Macloud II Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

That's pretty awsome Kurupt. I never quite understood the meaning of the clan name, but it makes a lot of sense.

Too bad your clan mates couldn't adjust.

Do you miss playing with them?

II Macloud II

Back to top Go down

Post by TIM3TOD1E Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am

i thought thats were it was from
TIM3TOD1E
TIM3TOD1E

https://www.facebook.com/pete.hamlin?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin ArisE Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks for the backstory Buck. I had figured thats what the name implied. I remember before the new rules were in place there was hardly anyone on the forums and XBL, and I may have been guilty aswell. Ha. And I think I may remember Chicken ODB, I think I was partied up with you guys a bit back?

Thanks again to everyone!!! We got a solid cast of gamers. And thanks Buck for getting ptH's wheels spinning again!!! I didnt wanna have to search for a new clan! Ha.
Odin ArisE
Odin ArisE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down